nuababy is flexible for you and your baby’s needs
For maximum absorbency, wash and dry soakers and boosters 3-5 times before first use. Refer to caring for nuababy products.
1. Dual-purpose liners/wipes
- nuababy liners are an exact fit for the nappy – no need to fold. Place a liner on top of soaker pad to catch solid waste.
- nuababy liners double as wipes. Simply spray with water and wipe baby’s face, hands, bottom, or anywhere else that needs a touch-up!
2. Overlapping soaker set
- nuababy nappy (diaper) shell pocket has openings on both ends for easy insertion of soaker pads; OR you can place soakers on top of the nappy shell, based on your baby’s needs.
- Use small soaker for newborn, large as baby grows, and both soakers overlapped for older babies. The soft ‘stay-dry’ top layer draws moisture away from baby’s skin and into the absorbent layers below.
- Place narrow ends between inner elastic gussets and snap onto nappy shell.
- To adjust overlap for larger babies, gently slide nappy up to fit baby and the soakers will slide into place.
3. Booster/trainer pad
- Place inside nappy (diaper) pocket (under soaker pad) for nighttime, travel, or heavy wetters; OR snap on top of pocket for toddlers as a training soaker.
- Boosters have a fleecy top layer, giving your toddler a slight sensation of dampness immediately after wetting, to assist in toilet training.
4. Nappy (diaper) shell lining
- Elasticised double leg gusset and drawstring*: To modify size from newborn to 3+ years, adjust both left and right drawstrings.
- Soft ‘stay-dry’ lining draws moisture away from baby’s skin and into the absorbent layers below.
5. Nappy (diaper) shell
Waterproof, breathable TPU
Ensure the nappy (diaper) fits snugly to avoid leakage.
There should be no evidence of marking on your baby’s skin around the leg area; the nappy (diaper) should fit snugly, but not too tightly.
nuababy cloth nappy (diaper) product use video
Keep one laundry bag by the washing machine and another spare. Snap clean soakers onto nappy shells after laundering and store in a bag ready for use, along with a pack of nuababy liners/wipes and a change of clothes in case of spills or accidents. Once you have prepared your nappy (diaper) routine, cloth nappies are easy for anyone to use, be it you, your babysitter, or Grandma!
Use of nappy (diaper) creams
- If you use nappy creams, there are several plant-based, cloth-friendly, eco versions on the market, which are less greasy and easier to remove than heavier ointments. Do not use nappy creams containing petroleum, fish oil or zinc, as they will affect the nappy’s absorbency.
- Even if a cream claims to be cloth nappy safe, still protect your nappy with a nuababy liner. Nappy creams can cause nappies to repel liquid, impairing their function.
- If you mistakenly get nappy cream on a nappy, try washing the nappy as usual and then apply some dishwashing liquid onto the affected area. Scrub the affected area with a bristle brush, then wash the nappy well to ensure that all of the suds are removed.
Nappy (diaper) changing
- If the outer shell is dry after use, unsnap the soiled soaker pads and snap on fresh ones.
- If the outer shell is wet, remove the liner and soakers from the nappy shell in preparation for washing.
- Soiled nappies should be stored in a dry laundry bag or in a bucket with a lid.
- Before washing the laundry bag and wet bag, leave zip open to ensure thorough cleaning.
Solids from exclusively breastfed babies are 100% organic and will dissolve in the wash.